Monday, September 13, 2010

Holy Cow!!!

I feel like a cow!!! I am getting bigger by the day and so is Tess...I swear she is going to kick her way right out of my tummy one of these days!!! It's good to know that she is doing good and moving but seriously princess, could you lighten up a little??? I saw my midwife, Wendy, a couple of weeks ago and we decided that we would naturally induce me on October 7. We did this with Riley when he was born...Wendy worked her magic and I had him that same day...I am sort of a control freak and my labor with Riley was really fast so I want to try natural induction again because it would be nice to know when I was having the baby rather than have my water break one day and then try to get over to Showlow as fast as I can before Blake gets to be the sole deliverer of Princess Tess in the back seat of our truck...What can I say??? I like to have a plan...

So the date is three weeks from this Thursday and surprisingly it has helped me chill out and be more patient with the last few weeks of my pregnancy...Before the plan was made, when people would ask me how I was feeling I would come back with something cranky like, "Fat" or "Ready to be done." I know...I am always such a joy to be around...HOWEVER, now that I have a date I am feeling great!!! I guess it is because there is an end in sight???

Well things have been really busy around here and they are only going to get busier!!! I keep thinking about all the things going on and I really hope we can just make it through the holidays! I know that sounds so far away to some people but it's going to take a lot of work for us!!!

I am busy with Riley and being preg-o and in the Primary Presidency for our ward and going to school full time...

That's it??? HA!!!

Blake starts a new job on Wednesday and he is in the Elders' Quorum Presidency in our ward and has been on a kick building stuff (see previous post.)

Between the two of us we have at least three cousins getting married between now and December and who knows how many friends!!! Congratulations guys!!!

My sister is due to have her baby boy a couple of weeks after me :) Congratulations Becky!!!

My totally awesome presidency pals are throwing me a baby shower this Saturday! I am totally pumped!!! It's going to be awesome!!!

We will also have a baby shower for my sister soon!!!

Blake and I have a Halloween dinner party that we started last year and would like to keep going every year...Yes, I have already started planning...I LOVE Halloween!!!

Denver and Megan are blessing their girl in a couple of weeks...So sad I can't go but I just don't want to risk having a baby in Thatcher with some strange doctor I have never met...No offense to Thatcher or any of the docs there...

This is just all the major stuff that is going on...I am sure I have forgotten some things and there are many more little things going on as well...P.S. Don't feel bad if you have a major event and I didn't note it in this post...The bigger my tummy gets the smaller my brain gets...Not sure how that works but it's very much true...

The older I get, the more I see my mom in myself and she is not happy unless she is trying to do everything at once...It's a curse and a blessing at the same time :)

That's pretty much all for now...I basically posted this because I am bored and am putting off my homework/chores/get ready routine...And who knows??? Maybe someone out there actually enjoys reading my blog...Whoever you are, thank you for your time, hahaha!!! I guess it's good to go back and read it myself some day too...Well until next time!!!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Just to let you know, Martha, I get a kick out of reading your blog! I hope everything goes well for you in the next few weeks!

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

Oh Marth.

xoxo J said...

i also love reading your blog, it lets me in on how my old friend is doing and i am glad to hear tht you are feeling great and that your baby will be coming soon! congrats xoox Janessa

The reviewers said...

I love reading your new updates!!! I can't believe that Tess will be here so soon.YAY! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Martha, I know exactly how you feel. I remember those last few weeks feeling so ...ehhhhhhh, there's not even a word for it! I was so scared to have 2 kids and afraid that Gracie would take all my time, but once the first 2 weeks were over, it was fine. now I love having my two little girls!