Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Chaco Canyon/Picture Overload

A couple of weeks ago our family went with our friends, the Pemberton's, to Chaco Canyon to camp and see the ruins. Who knew history could be so cool! We had a lot of fun! I have, however, determined that although I LOVE being outdoors, I am NOT a fan of roughing it...

I took A TON of pictures and lots of them are of the ruins because I think they are so cool...So if you don't like pictures of nature and ruins...Well...Deal with it :)



The picture above was taken just before we left (Casen and Riley)...The picture below was four hours later...The eyes say it all...


Riley's awesome dinosaur hat...


The campsite




A random lizard



Guess what this is???



It's a porcupine!


In the very center of this picture there is a house cat...That's right, a house cat...In the middle of nowhere...Actually there are houses nearby where the people who maintain the park and such live...But it was still funny to see...

Casen is a rebel :)

Blake and Riley next to a doorway...Yes that is really how small all the doorways are!



Riley, Blake, Casen, and Zach

Blake and Riley on a pillar










Casen and Riley...They are good buds!




Riley and me...I know, camping does NOT look good on me...



A petrogliph...The horse-like animal was the original picture and over the years visitors have felt the need to leave their mark as well...
Mountain Man



3 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm loving all this updating!

Love the pictures, looks like you guys had a good time!

Denver and Megan said...

Yay that you are updating! Your blog is looking way cute!

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Wow looks like a cool place to visit! I love all the pics!