Friday, October 17, 2008

Man's Best Friend???

So I am laying in bed this morning and my cell phone rings...It's my dear husaband Blake...The conversation went as follows:
Martha "Hey"
Blake "Sooo...Don't freak out but...I was attacked by a dog this morning at work."
Martha "What?!!! Are you okay?!!!"
Blake "Yes but I am going to need stitches. I am taking the rest of the day off and I have to go get my arm sewed up. Don't worry though, I beat the dog half to death."
Yes, readers...True story...Blake puts the chemicals in pools for a living and this morning when he tried to go through the gate of a customer, he was mauled by "man's best friend." Luckily he was able to get the fence door back between him and the beast (I know the dog is trained to protect the family and Blake was "intruding" but I am still very upset at the dumb thing, maybe the pregnant emotions coming out again.) He was bit on the back and the arm. His back just has nasty scratches but his arm was literally ripped open! He had to get stitches and everything! MY POOR SWEETHEART!!! I feel so bad for him...The things he does to provide for our family...I really admire and love the guy...This picture makes me so sad...



Look at that face!!! My poor baby!!!

6 comments:

Colton said...

That poor dog...its probably going to get herpes or something.

Just kidding, Blake. That actually sounds like it really sucked. Good job beating the crap out of it, though!

Anonymous said...

Wow scary! Glad he's ok. Hey, send me your email address one more time. I have a question for you guys, and I seem to have forgotten to add your address in my contacts list!

The reviewers said...

Gosh I hate dogs even more now! (Except for Bisquit that is :)

Stupid, mean dog...I hope you hurt too after Blake took care of you!

There, does that make you feel better Blake? I hope so :)

I am SOOOOO excited to see you guys in a couple of weeks!!!

Love ya!
-Raynie

Lee Anne said...

That is scary but yet funny at the same time. Definitly something you would probably never expect to happen. I am glad he is alright.

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

SAD!!!!!!!!!! I'm loving your posts. It's been a while since I blog stocked and your new posts are fantastic!

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Jenn had told me about this. Glad it wasn't anything worse, but sad that it was anything at all!