Monday, September 29, 2008

Sweet Miscommunications

So Blake and I went home to Eagar to visit this last weekend (pictures and details will be posted tomorrow.) Last night as we were driving back to Mesa we had quite a variety of conversations. We like to turn down the radio and just talk each other's ears off when we travel and there is some serious duscussion but mostly fun and laughter. We didn't hit the road until about 6:15 in the pm and the later it gets, the more my brain slows down, keep that in mind as you read some of the following conversations. These are only a few of the sweet miscommunications we had:

Talking about one of our friends,
M "I feel really bad for her. I wished she could have married someone like you or Denver."
B "You wish she was my wife instead of you?!!!"
M "OH MY GOSH NO!!! I wish she could have married someone AS NICE AS you and Denver."

Later in the trip,

M "Do we have any water in here? I feel sick and I really need a drink."
B "There is water in the back of the truck."
M "Oh well, we are almost home and I don't want to pull over. I can wait."
B "You wanna steer?"
Now at this point I am thinking he thinks that steering will help me feel like I am driving and eliminate the sick feeling in my tummy.
M "I am not car sick, I felt like this on the way up to Eagar too. I think it's just because I am
dehydrated."
B starts to recline his seat and take off his seat belt.
B "You wanna steer?"
I am now starting to get agitated and I start to try to explain it to him again. I sounded pretty grouchy so B interupts,
B "YOU WANNA STEER?!"
Finally I sort of catch on and take the wheel and Blake leans in the back and reaches through the back window of the truck and grabs me a bottle of water. We both go off and say things like "Well you didn't have to get mad at me" and such. We then realize the absurdity of the situation and bust up laughing. We agree that I am a severe space cadet and I always misinterpret what Blake says and then get mad at HIM for it. I had to agree with this because it had happened SEVERAL times this trip and COUNTLESS times since we have been together.

Not even one full minute later. We are talking about Blake's mom and some fun things that had happened over the weekend.
B "I never realized how short my mom is."
I am thinking "Well she has a spunky personality but it's not like she is snippy or mean." Still trying to put the pieces together and figure out why B would make such a random jab at his mom. He interupts my thoughts:
B "We are both so much taller than she is."
M "OOOOOOHHH I see what you are saying.
Once again we start laughing and I explain what I first thought and we laugh even harder.

After all is said and done, the drive was pleasant and the consensus was made that I am a total space cadet

2 comments:

Markee said...

I really can hear those conversations in my head!! You guys crack me up!!!

Colton said...

The Stoners? Who are they? Is this a sixties movie blog?

I'm glad that you guys can laugh about this stuff. At least you aren't a soul-eating medusa like some women when they mis-communicate.