Saturday, October 9, 2010

Home Again, Home Again...

Well it happened!!! We had Tess Thursday night, as planned...I will post the story and pictures...If you are a picture person and don't want the details, it won't hurt my feelings if you don't get down to the nitty gritty and read the details, as this post is for your enjoyment!!!

So I woke up Thursday morning with no contractions...None the entire week, in fact...I just felt "big" and pregnant and the same as the past few weeks...BUT we had a plan!!! Blake started a new job recently and we decided to work around his schedule...He works Monday through Thursday so we rescheduled my appointment to 3pm instead of 8am so he didn't have to miss a day...When the time rolled around, my mom and I headed over to Snowflake, along with Riley and Nanette, to get the party started!!! We dropped Nanette and Riley off at Jennie's and went to my appointment...Wendy (my midwife) checked me and said I was dilated 2 cm...Not what I hoped for, but I was not dilated with Riley at all and she still made it happen that time...She stripped my membranes and told me to call her at 6pm and let her know how things were going...We hoped for the best but planned on a long night because these things do take time...

We drove a few blocks to my Aunt Tricia's house to hang out and wait for Blake to arrive...He had to get off work and get his stuff packed and all that good stuff...Tricia and my mom were slave drivers and decided that I should walk up and down the stairs every few minutes because it might help things along...So I would walk up and down them four or five times every once in a while...I noticed that I started to have very mild contractions and they would progressively get stronger after every session with the stair master...This continued from around 3:30pm to 5:30...Blake arrived in Snowflake and we decided to time the contractions...They were 2 minutes apart and lasted around 1 minute each...I still wasn't concerned because they barely hurt...So 6pm rolled around and I called Wendy and let her know what was going on...She was at the hospital for another delivery so she told me to come on over and she would check me...Blake, my mom, and I got in the truck and drove over to Showlow...

By the time we got to the hospital the contractions were regular and hard enough that I had to breathe through them...I was taken to a delivery room and admitted around 7pm...Wendy checked me and I was dilated 8 cm so she decided to break my water...The contractions kept coming harder and closer together and we thought it probably wouldn't be too long...Well it wasn't too long at all...I started pushing just before 8pm and after three big pushes she was out at exactly 8pm!!! It was all so fast!!! The labor was really intense that last hour but it was so quick that I went natural again...Like I said, super intense but totally worth it!!!

Tess was 6 lbs and 7 oz, we all guessed what we thought she would weigh and I guessed the exact weight!!! She is 19 inches long...That was 2 inches shorter and almost 2 lbs lighter than Riley!!! No wonder it only took three pushes!!! She is so tiny and petite...

We got released yesterday morning and now we are home...Thank goodness!!! Not a big fan of staying in the hospital...
Now for the pictures!!!
Getting cleaned up...She looks just like Riley when he was born...
Hott mama HAHAHA!!!
Brand new big brother :) He just patted her head and said, "Beebee."
Snuggling with daddy...He just kept saying, "She is so precious!!!"

Sleeping in the hospital



Ready to go home!!!

11 comments:

Jenn said...

She is so precious!!! Can't wait to see her again! Martha you are awesome!!! You guys did good, she is so dang cute!

Joelle said...

She is so cute and tiny. I try to remember when Gray was that small but I never get time to stop and think about it anymore. I can't wait to meet her!

The Merrill Family said...

You are amazing!! She is adorable you guys sure did good :)! I can't wait to meet her! I hope you are feeling good and everything is going good! Glad to know Blake got a job, that is really really good.

Sarah said...

I'm dying to hold her!! She is soo cute and you are totally super woman in my book!!

Melanie said...

Congtats! I am so excited for you! She is so cute!!!

Keri Stevens said...

Congrats Martha!! She is so small and sweet!

Tami said...

Oh what a little angel! I will say i am extremely jealous of how quickly she came- but even being quick I know you are one tough chica! So happy for you!

Heitmann Family said...

She is so adorable. I love her cheeks!! Great job and I am so glad all went well!!

Anonymous said...

she is so stinkin cute! congrats!

Anonymous said...

she is so precious! can't wait to meet her! hope everything's going great!

xoxo J said...

aww martha she is BEAUTIFUL!!