Friday, July 24, 2009

I have a lot of family in Snowflake, AZ...When I was younger, one of the highlights of my summer was to go to Snowflake for the Pioneer Day Celebration...I had not been for a few years so this year I decided to go...Blake had worked the night before and was scheduled to work that night as well so he stayed home and slept...So Riley and I got up early that morning and drove over to Snowflake...We watched the parade and visited with some family and then went back home that afternoon...Short trip but very fun...

This is a line of over ten Corvettes, all came with bodies waxed and engines revving...Surprisingly one of my favorite entries in the parade...

I always like the kids riding the train of barrels

A variation of the picture above, I almost wet my pants laughing at this one...


This one was fun to watch...I had to get a video of it for Blake



Every year the firetrucks end the parade with this ritual...The kids usually take off toward the trucks and the adults all run in the opposite direction...As you can see, Riley and I had a nice view from behind the bushes :)

3 comments:

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Looks like a blast! that pic with the trash cans is to funny, who would have thought!

Angie said...

Hi Martha it's Angie (your cousin) It was great to seeing you at Chet's wedding!! I'm going private if you want to give me your email I'll add ya = ) Your little boy is so cute!!! hope all is well = )

S&J said...

Martha, I lost your email, so leaving a comment here, I told you wrong about the blog. It IS a gadget. It is called BLOG LIST. It is located towards the middle gadgets under BASIC gadgets. Sorry I told you wrong. You can shoot me later. It is super easy to add it, I just did it to mine. Let me know if you get it to work.